Re: ORA-12571: TNS packet writer failure on install (Oracle 9i r2 and XP Pro)

From: Craig FI <craigfil_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2003 03:50:02 -0800

Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message

> Probably, your oracle_sid is unknown, or your database
> services are not started.

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that doesn't get me any further. :)

The SID was definitely the correct sid and the following services are definitely running:

OracleOralHome92Agent
OracleOralHome92HTTPServer (not related I know) OracleOraHome92TNSListener
OracleMTSRecoveryService

Is there something else needs to be started? I have a couple of books but all assume that you can get into the sample schemas and what-not.

Thanks,
Craig Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 05:50:02 CST