utl_http.request hangs database!

From: cris <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:24:56 +0100

Tested on my production server (SuSE SLES7, original kernel, Oracle 9.0.1.3):

SQLPlus Session #1:

select utl_http.request('http://www.veryslowsite.com','myproxy:8000') from dual ;

SQLPlus Session #2:

select * from dual ;

SQL statement #2 will not return any values until SQL statement #2 completes! This means that utl_http.request hangs the database until it   completes!

I tested the same thing on the 9.0.1.3 database included in iAS 9.0.2 (installed on a test server, SuSE SLES7 patchlevel 2 including kernel 2.4.18) and the two sessions are independent.

I checked the initialization parameters, the only big difference between the two databases is that the production server is running in archivelog mode and the test server no, and the test server has MTS active while the production database no.

Any suggestions?

TIA, Cris Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 04:24:56 CST