Re: memory each instance is using

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:48:14 +0100

Steve Timko wrote:
> Problem:
>
> I have a 'brain' server running 15 instances for several different
> development projects on a 280r with 3 gig of physical mem. I need to
> add a few more but only have about 80m of mem left.
>

> Questoin:
>
> What is the min amount of memory an instance can run with, and how would
> I view each instance use or cut it down.
>

> thanks
>
> -steve

Eveing, Steve!

Let's see: shared pool: 3.5MB
DB buffers: 1MB (4k Block size)
Log buffer: 64k
Some other stuff 128k

Adds up to some 4MB. Processes not counted - just instance. No java, just scott, sys and system. Single user demo db. 1000 row tables tops.

Does this answer your question, or would rather go for the It depends?

Frank Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:48:14 CST