SNPx processes

From: Dirk Tschentscher <dirkTHIS_at_REMvolkswagen.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:50:13 +0100

Hello !

Our DB (8.1.7.2.0 on HPUX) has the following parameters job_queue_processes = 10
job_queue_interval = 60.
No jobs are running, although the procedure to be started is correct. I can start the job with dbms_job.run, the next time (sysdate+(1/96)) is calculated,
but at this time the job doesn't start. (BROKEN = N, failures = 0)

The SNP Processes which should "look" every 60 seconds I think, have a last call time which is more than one hour ago. This information comes from TOAD, Kill/Trace Window

This seems to me the problem ???
Unfortunately, I have no DBA access to the machine, and I can't take a look outside the DB on the machine.

Any hints, I can give the admin ?
I've almost no experience with unix...

On the Test-DB (identical schema & parameters, but WIN NT 4.0) the last call time seems to be correct, the jobs are running.

Many thanks for help
Dirk Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 03:50:13 CST