Oracle 8i Error Messages

From: Hanne Iren Midttun <hannem_at_tihlde.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:01:10 +0100

Hi,
I am monitoring the alert log for our databases. When the string "ORA" appears, an alarm i send by mail. The mail show the line the "ORA" string appers in eg:
ORA-279 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE RECOVER automatic standby database...

I was hoping to divide the error messages into 3 category
- green (OK)

The problem is that there seems to me that there are no sutch category in the error messages? eg ORA-00* - alert, ORA-01* - warning, ORA-03 - OK, and so on (the numbers are right out of my head :)

I would be happy if somebody could cleryfy me on this.

How are you monitoring your databases

regards Hanne

--
Hanne Midttun