Re: TNSLSNR crashes on Windows XP

From: Benjamin Day <benday_at_benday.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2003 14:01:34 -0800

> > Does anyone have any guesses as to what the underlying problem(s)
> > could be?
>
> Best we have a look at your listener.ora, your sqlnet.ora and your
> tnsnames.ora. But since your original error indicates a problem in the
> oranttcp DLL, then it could be a corrupt install, a permissions problem, bad
> RAM or anything else. Which is why I'd re-install Windows, re-install Oracle
> and see if the problem is repeatable.

Thanks Howard for taking a look and responding to my postings.

Since re-building my laptop is going to be a wicked pain, I think I'd like to try to eliminate everything else before I re-install.

I think I've managed to re-define the problem a little. I can start the listener through ControlPanel.Services and through LSNRCTL.EXE. Through ControlPanel.Services it will start and stay running indefinitely but if I try to query it's status through LSNRCTL it immediately crashes. If I try to start it through LSNRCTL.EXE it reports a successful start and then crashes.

I've managed to get tracing turned on for the listener. I've posted the trace file, log file, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, and tnsnames.ora at http://www.benday.com/oracleStuff

I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look.

Thanks,
-Ben Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 16:01:34 CST