Re: DWH-and business rules

From: Erik Ykema <Erik.SIHTEVOMER.Ykema_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:29:37 +0100

So I assume you want to 'clean' the data before it enters the datawarehouse, although you also contradict: 'a
large amount of data cleaning 9eletes, joins) _in_ the DWH'; do you want to clean in between the Extract and Transform phase? We do generate Extracts that don't need to be cleaned since the business rules are coded inside Pro*C batches that do the extracts from the OLTP system - less volume in the extracts. Also the business rules could be applied in the batches that move the Atomic Data to the DataMarts. If you could expand a little more on the problem you are dealing with, we can perhaps give you more opinions.