Re: Rename an Oracle 91 database

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:01:14 GMT

I think there's one step missing ...
- select * from global_name ; -> most probably it's still the old global name
- issue : alter database global_name to <new name> ; (I guess that's the sql Sybrand was referring to)

Also - on NT/2000 - you might want to recreate your services (oradim) ... oh and rename the pfile/spfile, password
file to reflect the new instance name (that is - if you also renamed your instance)