Re: Questions about rating of export

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:05:43 +0100

On 4 Feb 2003 01:17:40 -0800, lepierot_at_yahoo.fr (Pierre HIRTH) wrote:

>Hi, my problem is :
>
>I ve a database with 5 shémas (foo1, foo2,foo3,foo4,foo5 and of course
>sys and system)
>when i make an export full the time is 5 hours, and when i make 5
>export (exp owner=foo1, exp owner=foo2 ,exp owner=foo3, exp owner=foo4
>exp owner=foo5) the time is 50 minutes!!!!!
>
>The size of tablespace system is 60Mo.
>
>Thank's

An export of 5 individual table owners defenitely isn't the same as a full database export. Please check this out by running imp show=y on the various files, and check what you don't export with your 'workaround'

You would better post the full export command, most likely you are just using defaults, and anyone who has ever read the manual will know they are way too small.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 12:05:43 CST