VXA-2018 and ORA-1017 after changing password in OEM

From: Sig Dock <sigdock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2003 07:48:55 -0800

Hi NG,

First the environment specs: Running Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris8, OEM 2.2 and WinNT 4, SP6 client. OMS, OEM and repository all on the Solaris server.

Problem: Recently I changed the password from the oracle-account used by the OMS to connect to the OEM-repository. I had to change it since I didn't know the original. Problem now is that OMS won't start because there is a wrong password in the 'config.properties' file. Searching for a solution I found several references to the EMCA but when I type 'emca' on the prompt then nothing happens. Does emca only run in a x-windows environment? And, most off all, how can I start my OMS again, what do I have to do to get the right settings in the config.properties file?

t.i.a.
Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:48:55 CST