Re: index rebuilding...

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 04 Feb 2003 12:35:00 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:VZK%9.40107$jM5.102194_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com and I quote:

> Still, I've a mind to get my hands on some 8-year-old dodgily-obtained
> source code, and go into the consultancy business. It would appear to be
> a sure-fire route to success.

I think he does mostly books. Didn't know it was consultancy as well?

Mind you, this points out the eternal duality:

On one hand, one may know the theory behind the product and then 8 years later the knowledge is still very actual, although nowhere as detailed down to the "dirty" bits.

On the other, one knows all the dirty details and bits of one single version and 8 years later it's still partly correct but wide-open to "bombing" by the next version-aware person.

I know which one I'd go for. And it has a LOT to do with why I hate the OCP in its current format...

> There: I've got personal now!

C'mon! You're not such a bad person! ;)

--
Cheers