Re: Uninstall Oracle 9i from Solaris 8

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_remove.this.peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:09:19 +0100

Hi!

If that's the only Oracle installation in your machine and you want to get rid of it completely, I'd erase $ORACLE_HOME, all data- , control- , redolog files, archivelogs as well, if there's any. I'm not sure whether "Uninstall" command from installer erases archivelogs for example? Also udump, bdump, etc. dirs?

And check, if there's /var/opt/oracle directory left as well. You only should erase it when there's no other Oracle (starting from 8i) installations there.

Tanel.