Oracel LISTEN on different PORTS ***

From: chan01 <chandra_2000_us_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 16:03:10 -0800

we configure the application on ports from 7000 to 7050, today all the application on those ports stop working, then we ran "lsof -i " will show you all the applications holding the ports. we found oracle is listen on these ports also. once we kill that porcess, the corresponding application start working. I check it is listen on port 1521 also.
My question is:

1. Why its LISTN on different port.
2. Why it is cometing for port's 70xx
3. I saw 2 process are Listn on same port ( oracle, and my application
) can it be possible.

Thanks. Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 18:03:10 CST