Oracle tries to access object from wrong user

From: Marooned <soofisaab_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2003 15:21:47 -0800

Hi guys,
I am using Oracle 8.1.5 on Window NT and here is my problem:

I have two functions in PL/SQL, and one function calls the other one. Lets call the outer function outer_func() and the inner function inner_func().

At times (totally randomly) my call to outer_func() fails and the error message that I get says that the inner_func() is not accessible. Very mysteriously, Oracle tries to access the inner_func() in SOME OTHER USER. The error message says something like this:

" SOME_OTHER_ORACLE_USER.inner_func() is not accessible"..........

This error disappears in the same mysterious was as it appears, and it is absolutely mind boggeling for me. Does anybody have any clues as to what Oracle is trying to do here?? and more importantly, what might be the remedy??

P.S. The oracle user does not have DBA privileges, nor does it have any privileges on any objects of any other user. Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 17:21:47 CST