Re: creating a new database

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:32:09 +0100

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:39:41 GMT, "Matt Pavey" <paveymk_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>SVRMGR> connect INTERNAL/oracle
>ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>

>So I still run into the same TNS;protocal error as before.

Are you by any chance using the dratted Microsoft Terminal server? The BEQ(ueath) protocol Oracle uses for local connections doesn't work under MTS, and it's the only product of this type with this problem, so Oracle has no intention to fix it.

You can use the following workarounds
- to create a database: save the results of dbca to a file, don't run the scripts directly.
- start a command box
- issue
  set local=<your database sid>
- now run the scripts, names as provided by dbca

To start and stop the listener you either start and stop the service or issue net start OracleTNSListener<ORACLE_HOME NAME> in a command box

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 14:32:09 CST