Re: A bit of Linux advice yet again??

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 02 Feb 2003 03:29:37 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:BCP_9.38244$jM5.96620_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com and I quote:

> Isn't there an 'OK' button somewhere???

LOL! Well if you use tcs, you can make yourself as many buttons as you want. "OK" or otherwise...

> Have you *read* those man pages?
>
> Personally, I think they were all written by French people looking for
> revenge for Agincourt, and deciding that mangling the English language was
> the best way forward.

Hehehe! *Had* to read all about it a few years ago, when I was doing Oracle + Unix admin at Rothmans. Haven't looked back into it since then, but it still should be very much the same: there isn't that much difference in Linux. However, as always: don't believe me blank. Please do your own reading, I may well be wrong in a detail here and there!

> God, I like Windows.

Yeah, for this sort of stuff it's not half bad. Mind you, I'd hate to have to sequence startup of many different inter-related processes in Windows. This stuff in Unix is slightly complex, but it is very, very flexible.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto