How to connect Oracle with Delphi BDE?

From: Markus Schmidt <markusschmidt300_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2003 21:42:41 GMT

In Oracle I have the database glob and the user test for the database glob.

Now I try to connect via BDE-Administration. Under Configuration I find under Driver/ODBC: Oracle in OraHome90.That should be the
driver from my Oracle installation.
Then I choose this driver to create a
database alias under databases.
Then I renamed the database alias to test.

In my tnsnames.ora from Oracle this is
been written:

test =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = KT)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = glob.dbs)

    )
  )

In the BDE under Configuration/Driver/ODBC/ Oracle in OraHome90 in the right definition window I set DATABASE NAME to test and
USER NAME to test.
Also in the BDE under Databases/test I set DATABASE NAME to test and
USER NAME to test.
Then I clicked on the plus mark left from test to login. This window appears:
Database-Login
Database: test
User Name: test
Password:
When I write the password and click on Ok I get this error message:
"Invalid configuration parameter Alias: test" Can someone say me what's wrong?

Markus Schmidt Received on Sat Feb 01 2003 - 15:42:41 CST