Re: table locking question

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 19:57:05 GMT

Why are you locking the row? I assume you are doing a select for update. Just select won't lock anything. You can go to asktom.oracle.com and search, some ideas there. The number of users isn't really an issue.(yes, with 1,000's of users one would probably use MTS) Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure
"Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message

> well what if you have a web application with say 50 userse. often times
you
> wont run those in shared server mode.
>
> is there any documentation on resolving deadlocks? not just avoiding them.
>
> its not just a deadlock though. User A locks a row. User A gets
disconnect.
> Row is still locked. Noone else can touch the lock until its released.
>
> my undrestanding is that its only a 'deadlock' if User A and User B block
> each other?
>
> <Kenneth Koenraadt> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:51:24 GMT, "Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > >I have seen this question posted in other places without adequate
> answers. I
> > >think this happened to me one time as well.
> > >
> > >If you are connected to the internet through the web and lock a row.
You