Re: TNSLSNR crashes on Windows XP

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 06:55:07 +1100

Hi Ben:

There shouldn't be any issues at all, provided (1) you're using the PRO version of XP, and not the Home one (2) you're using 9.2 and not 9.0.1 (3) you have adequate RAM and (4) it's a 'clean' machine

I think number 4 is the real killer. Now, I've got 9i currently running on XP, that also has MS Office, WinDVD, VMware, Nero, Civilization III, and Lord knows what else installed. But I installed Oracle first.

So my advice would be to re-install *Windows*, and then have another go with Oracle. If that's not practical, then check out VMware, because it gives you the chance to build 'sandboxed' clean installs, without kacking up your main machine.

Regards