TNSLSNR crashes on Windows XP

From: Benjamin Day <benday_at_benday.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2003 09:36:03 -0800

I'm trying to do an install of Oracle 9i on Windows XP. The installation gets as far as defining and starting the listener but within a few seconds windows pops up a message saying that TNSLSNR.EXE crashed.

I've tried the installation 6 or 7 times in the last few days and have sometimes been able to get the installer to create a database for me. If I get that far, I can connect using SQLPlus with this syntax "connect scott/tiger". If I try using this syntax "connect scott/tiger_at_laptop" then TNSLSNR.EXE immediately crashes.

The crash writes this message to the event log:

Application Failure TNSLSNR.EXE 0.0.0.0 in orantcp9.dll 0.0.0.0 at offset 00005732

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Ben Day Received on Sat Feb 01 2003 - 11:36:03 CST