Re: Databse File layout on only 4 drives Ideas?

From: Ralf Fernan <ralphfernan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:48:36 GMT

I've see different published sources say different things. The O'Reilly book Oracle Perf. Tuning suggests separating indexes and tables into separate tablespaces because they are inserted into and read from concurrently. The Oracle documentation website says that there is no need to do so because indexes are read first.