Re: Oracle Replication / Migration Question

From: Eric Parker <Eric_Parker_spamless_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:16:44 +0000 (UTC)

Randy,
Sorry, not an Oracle option.
The code was dynamically generated based on primary_key columns, other columns and column types.
If the row already existed in ARCHIVE (based on primary key) then update else insert.
The only advantage from the dynamically generated code was that it updated itself when there were schema changes.
If you intend to go this way there may be other advice I can bring to mind. eric