8.1.7.4 patchset question

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:18:04 GMT

I am installing the patchset on a new oracle install on which I have no databases created yet, should the _system_trig_enabled=false be in the init.ora file before I run the catalog and catproc scripts for the 1st time?

I assumed that since the database is created after the patch is applied that this is not neccesary, but the readme is a bit foggy on this, since it assumes that the patchset is being applied to an install that already has existing database(s) on it and doesnt specify if it is neccesary on a new install. All my other applications of this patch were on existing databases, so I have not had to deal with this issue yet.

Also I read on a different thread when trying to find this out that there is an 8.1.7.4.5 patch? Looking on metalink the latest I can find is the same as I have from last summer.

TIA Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 12:18:04 CST