how to tune up this query?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:14:26 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: DA Morgan [mailto:damorgan_at_exesolutions.com] Posted At: Thursday, January 30, 2003 7:07 PM Posted To: server
Conversation: how to tune up this query? Subject: Re: how to tune up this query?

>> Ok. I have a 50' hard chine steel cutter currently powered by a 60hp
Isuzu
>> C221 diesel with a MaxProp 19" three blade prop. Beam is 11.6.
Current
>> exhaust system is a dry exhaust up the mast. Obviously I want to
repower and
>> change to a wet exhaust but due to configuration there is no way to
run a
>> wet exhaust out of the boat except through the living space. What do
you
>> suggest?

I'd need to see your boat plans, but if the only way is through the living space, then I suspect that's how it will have to be. But then you have a potential killer in your living space if the exhaust has a leak :o(

Another, not very helpful suggestion, is to rejig the interior design totally to accept the changes you need to make.

I've never come across a boat with the engine exhaust going up the inside of the mast before - but then. I worked on customer's yachts mainly and our hire fleet was all wet exhaust through the out-drive steering/propulsion system.

http://www.caleycruisers.co.uk is where I used to work :o)

>> Back to your Oracle?

Well, I suppose it's warmer and cleaner ....

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator/Marine Engineer Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146