Installation of Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 8

From: Srikanth Thota <thota_2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 19:53:49 -0800

Hi ,
I have 2.5 GB Harddisk I installed Solaris 8 Entiredistrubution plus OEM support with root, usr & swap,VAR as slices After that I tried to install oracle8.1.5 solaris based version.But It gets hangs in the initial installation phase.The error I get is in the beginning of the install.

connection to .....0:0 refused by server. I am installing using Local CD only.

 I took disk1,disk2,disk3 as 5,6,7 slices.I placed oraeng in root does it makes any difference?

I had given 500 mb for root for usr 800 var 100 swap 129 mb & the rest for disk 1,2,3 slices 300,300,240 respectively. How much space does oracle8i reqire & placing oraeng in root makes difference?

How much space does disk1,disk2,disk3 & oraeng require seperatley.

is it possible to install oracle8.1.5 & solaris8 on my harddisk with 2.5Gb of HD space

Thanks very much
Thota Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 21:53:49 CST