Re: Error creating database on Oracle9i under Suse Linux 8.1

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:05:43 GMT

Carlos Oliveira wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> As I wrote, I have previous experience on installing Oracle9i on Suse. I use
> a package distributed by Suse (orarun9i.rpm) that sets correctly all tha
> kernel parameters, user variables, etc. I have updated this package for Suse
> 8.1.
>
> The problem is this new kind of error that i'm dealing with.
>
> The documentation is not especific for Suse but fo general Linux.
>
> More help needed.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cheers
> Carlos Oliveira

Perhaps you should monitor or join in the discussion at:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-oracle/2002-Nov/0132.html

The original poster said: "I've just installed Oracle 91r2 on suse 8.1. ... but when I tried to create a database with dbca it fails, error: ORA-27123..." There are reply threads that offer some suggestions. Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 19:05:43 CST