Re: RH 7.2, svrmgrl fail to startup nomount

From: Rey Wang <reywang_at_optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:01:02 GMT

OK, I followed the Linun installation guide. And now, installer asks to run root.sh:
[root_at_linux 8.1.7]# ./root.sh
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please delete any log and trace files previously

                created by the Oracle Enterprise Manager Intelligent
                Agent. These files may be found in the directories
                you use for storing other Net8 log and trace files.
                If such files exist, the OEM IA may not restart.
./root.sh: -f: command not found
Running Oracle8 root.sh script...
./root.sh: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matchi
ng `''
./root.sh: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
./root.sh: [: !=: unary operator expected \nThe following environment variables are set as:
    ORACLE_OWNER= oracle
    ORACLE_HOME=  /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7
    ORACLE_SID=   dev1

Enter the full pathname of the local bin directory: [/usr/local/bin]: Entry will be added to the /etc/oratab file by Database Configuration Assistant when a database is created Finished running generic part of root.sh script. Now product-specific root actions will be performed.

Installation done. Now installer hangs in NET8 Configuration Assistance.

Rey