Re: index rebuilding...

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:17:11 GMT

Frank wrote:
> Think about fragmentation of your tablespace, if you change only the storage
> params and not the tablespace, you will fagment your tablespace.
> On this way you can move the INDEX into an other Tablespace (why not
> local-managed).
> It is better to create three local-managed tablespaces (index_large,
> index_middle and index_small) with large, middle and small extent size.
>
> Frank (Germany)

I think I may just do that, but the database compatible is set a 8.0.5 so I am waiting to hear from the vendor if there is a reason it has to be at that, as I need it at 8.1.x to have locally managed tablespaces. Then I need to research in to setting uniform allocation or letting Oracle do it. Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 14:17:11 CST