Re: Location of data files on db creation

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:56:22 +1100

Yes there is. Instead of running the database creation assistant from the menus (which you would have if this was Windows) you do what you do anyway in Unix, which is run the thing by invoking it from the command line. And at that point, you can supply an over-ride switch that sets a new default location.

For example:

$dbca -datafiledestination s:\oradata

...and when you get to the last page of the wizard, you'll see that all the data file locations are set to s:\oradata for you.

Regards