RH 7.2, svrmgrl fail to startup nomount

From: Rey Wang <reywang_at_optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:47:28 GMT

Is RH 7.2 able to run Oracle 8i?
I donwload 8i over 500M diskspace, Oracle Universal Installer runs fine. When I run this,
SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup mount
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

This machine has 512M ram, 2G swap.
Any idea how to create an instance with a simple database?

Or should I try Oracle 9 which is over 1.4G, it takes long time to download though. Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 13:47:28 CST