Re: startup problems

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:07 GMT

Mathieu van As wrote:
> We have the following problem:
>
> Everything worked fine.
> After placing an additional processor Oracle seemed to start without a
> problem Listener started Database service started.
> Connecting gave a problem ORA-27101.
> Using DBA studio logging in as sysdba showed is a shutdown database.
> Opening it worked fine. Connecting is now possible again.
>
> Does someone knows why this does occur everytime we boot and how to solve
> it?
>
> Thanks,

> Ora 8.1.7
> W2K S3
> P3 dual processor

Unfortunately, Win2K doesn't have this nice feature (oerr) available in Unix. When I do that, I get:

oracle$ oerr ora 27101
27101, 00000, "shared memory realm does not exist" // *Cause: Unable to locate shared memory realm // *Action: Verify that the realm is accessible

Don't know what that means. But when I search on Google for ora-27101, I get about 1,250 hits. Do a Google search and maybe something in there will help you. Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 12:58:07 CST