Re: How are you backing up your V,VLDB????

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:15:56 GMT

> Good point. We're looking at converting much data to read only and backing
> it up once in a blue moon. However, our backups get copied to tape and the
> tapes get re-cycled after 3 months (or so). So we need to change something
> here or make sure the "blue moon" arrives at least within this time period

Currently, we are using RMAN incrementals on this system. We take an INCREMENTAL LEVEL 0 backup of all tablespaces once a month. Then, on a weekly basis, we do INCREMENTAL LEVEL 1. With our Legato library, the current retention is 3 months. Like I said when I started this thread, this all works just fine with a 1TB database. And I'm not worried if the database gets to 5 or 6TB. But I'm looking at the future when I get above 20 or 30TB.

Thanks,
Brian Received on Thu Jan 30 2003 - 10:15:56 CST