Re: Form cannot connect to database

From: Jingyu <ccdfjy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 14:53:30 -0800

"Anton Buijs" <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:<3e36ed06$0$49117$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl>...
> It would be very helpfull if you could say what goes wrong. What is the
> error you are getting.
> The tnsnames.ora file looks ok on first sight.
> Maybe your listener is not running? Check listener.ora and see if the
> listener service is started on host dell8100.
Hi Anton,
The error message is " ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name. "
However, I have fixed the problem. As you said, I tried to check listener.ora. Then I found I had two listener.ora in different folders. So I guess I need two tnsname.ora files, because I install oracle database and oracle developer suit under different folders. Now everything works fine.

Thank you a lot.

Jingyu Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 16:53:30 CST