How are you backing up your V,VLDB????

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:31:17 GMT

I am looking to see what solutions people are employing to backup their very, very large database. We have a 1TB database (Oracle 9.2.0 on Sun Solaris 8) that will grow to 6TB in the next five to six months. Our current backup solution uses RMAN, Legato, the Legato Oracle Module, and a StorageTek automated tape library system. My real problem comes in the next year or two. While I can envision our current architecture handling the 6TB database, I am concerned with the next step of our growth. In the next year or two, we will be looking at growing to around 50TB. I don't think that our current architecture can handle that kind of volume on a regular basis. So I'm wondering what others are doing to backup their V,VLDB. A 1-6TB db is no problem. But what about 30TB? 40TB? or even 100TB?

Any thoughts that you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
oracle_dba_at_peasland.com Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 16:31:17 CST