Re: Cannot run tasks on remote servers via Oracle Management Server

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:55:00 GMT

Fozzie wrote:
> Got Oracle Management Server up and running on Server A.
>
> Have Oracle 9.0.1 installed on Server B.
> Intelligent Agent is running on Server B.
> It is registered with the MgmtServer.
>
> If I set the preferences/credentials in OMS to system/**** (as
> normal), I can connect and browse around just fine. I cannot launch
> any Reorg Wizards or get anything useful done, however.
>
> If I try to change to sys/**** (as sysdba) I get Insufficient
> Privileges.
>
> If I try to do the following on ServerB:
> $sqlplus /nolog
> SQL> connect sys as sysdba
> (give passwd)
>
> I can get in just fine.
>
> I think there could be sumpin' weird about the orapwd file. It exists,
> with
> rwSr----- rights on it.
>
> In my init.ora, I have the line
> remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE
>
> If I do "select * from v$pwfile_users"
> I get:
> USERNAME SYSDBA SYSOPER
> INTERNAL TRUE TRUE
> SYS TRUE TRUE
>

> I have considered re-setting the SYS passwd(alter user SYS identified
> by **), removing the old orapwd file, and re-creating it(using new SYS
> pwd), but cannot bounce the database right now.
>
> So, any insights on how the orapwd file, init.ora file, SYS pwd,
> privileges and Oracle Management Server works together will be highly
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Frank

If I remember right you also have to set up your preferred credentials on the node itself as well as the database(s) so that the user of that node(OEM) has the rights to run the jobs. There was a free online tutorial on this on OLN I recall, it may still be there.

hth Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 15:55:00 CST