Re: index rebuilding...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:04:52 +0100

"Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:o%WZ9.61302$c41.1415158_at_news2.telusplanet.net...
> I want to rebuild the indexes on one of our databases, this particular
> one has some indexes that have what seems to be some really out-to-lunch
> storage settings, so I want to set new ones in the rebuild.
>
> I want to write a dynamic script to build the rebuild statement with the
> optimum storage params for each index, either that or find a script
> that does such a thing, but my initial searches have proven fruitless
> for what I want to do. Which dd tables/views should I be hitting for
> this query to build the rebuild statement?
>
> suggestions?
>
> TIA

alter index rebuild can rebuild the index without knowing it's column definition.
That said you would only need dba_indexes and dba_segments (the segment_name equals the index_name)
I saw a script today, but unfortunately I don't remember the author. The commercial version of Toad has a separate module which allows you to point and shoot at the problem.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA