Re: ORA-02035 illegal bundled operation combination

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:30:21 -0000

This is just a guess - but do you have different versions of the database software running at the two sites ? Or have you compiled some part of your application with different versions of OCI ?

Recent versions of Oracle play all sorts of network optimisation games by bundling calls to the server, e.g. a call to close a cursor may not be sent until the next call to open a new cursro. It is possible, therefore, that a super new version of the software will do something that the boring old version of the software can't cope with.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial:
Cost Based Optimisation
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html )

____UK_______March 19th
____USA_(FL)_May 2nd

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____USA_(CA, TX)_August

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

StephenHirsch wrote in message <3e380e2e_at_guardhouse.chbs>...

>Subject: ORA-02035 illegal bundled operation combination
>Newsgroups: Novartis News Server:comp.database.oracle.server
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm getting this error message that I've never seen before. My
anonymous block
>with a cursor runs perfectly when I connect to the US Oracle instance
from a US
>Unix server; however, when I run the exact same code on a server
located in
>Switzerland, I get the ORA-02035 illegal bundled operation
combination message.