Re: OCP - Performance Tuning

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:55:14 +1000

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:b181rj$m9g$1$8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk...

<Snip>

> By the way, Richard, I have to disagree with your
> comments that this is just one question, and you
> are allowed to fail 30% and still pass. This question
> happens to be about a fundamental understanding
> of the optimizer which everyone OUGHT to be able
> to argue if they are going to claim they have a
> basic understanding of Oracle performance. On the
> other hand, there are trivial and irrelevant questions
> in the exam which add no real value but which could
> be memorised from the course notes - thus allowing
> an incompetent to fail the truly relevant material and
> still get the qualification.

Hi Jonathon,

I of course agree.

I was just being at my flippant worse :)

I try to stay out of OCP discussions now (albeit unsuccessfully) having pissed off a number of "Oracle folk" with my views.

Now the big question I have: when do those that got the answer right (or is that wrong) get their prize of a free attendance at your next seminar !!

Cheers

Richard Received on Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:55:14 CST