What is a cursor EXACTLY?(internals question)

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:50:45 GMT

My take on a cursor has been that it is a static array that is wrapped by Oracle. All the Oracle documentation is says is that it is a 'reserved area of memory'

This could mean alot of things. I've seen the term cursor used with other languages and I'm wondering if there is a little more to it than simply being an array?

Also, is the 'cursor' created using C++(its my understanding that Oracle is primarily written in C++) or is it written at a lower level such as assembler.

Im sure some of you will go, this is not important. I'm just curious and its annoying me that I can't find the info anywhere.

Anyone know? Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:50:45 CST