Re: Table recovery using Standby Database and RMAN

From: Kaptain524 <Kaptain524_at_zxmail.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 10:10:33 -0800

Okay, exporting from the standby database is no longer a problem. Thanks for your replies concerning that matter.

Now my only remaining concern is how to use RMAN to restore and recover to an auxiliary (standby?) database so I can export just the tables that I need. It would be nice if it didn't have to restore and recover the whole database. But I can't even do that. Currently, the only way I can meet the requirements is to totally rebuild the standby database for every table recovery operation. RMAN won't let me restore to anything but the original target database or a standby. If I just make a "point-in-time" duplicate, it still has to be a standby database. RMAN only allows the DORECOVER option when duplicating FOR STANDBY. Maybe this is the only way that it can be done apart from the tablespace point in time recovery feature that requires enterprise edition. If anyone knows more about this, I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Kaptain524