Re: Resizing tablespace

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 06:35:51 -0800

Rich <rich.bevan_at_bt.com> wrote in message news:<3E354398.ECD8EDAC_at_bt.com>...
> Can someone tell me how to resize the initial extent size of a DMT on
> Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris. The only ways I can think of at the moment are:
>
> 1. Create a new t/s and move all the segments to it
> 2. Exp re-create t/s and import
>
> Is there a quicker way of doing it ?
>
> Thanks

DMT = Dictionary managed tablespace. You can change the default initial extent size for the tablespace with an alter tablespace command but existing allocated objects can only have their initial extent size changed by rebuiling them. If the space exists within the tablespace you can use an alter table owner.object_name move storage (initial 512k) or an alter index rebuild with a storage clause to resize objects in the same or a new tablespace.

If I was going to go to the trouble of resizing all the objects in a tablespace I would seriously consider converting the tablespace to local space management using uniform extents.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 08:35:51 CST