Re: OCP - Performance Tuning

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:26:40 -0000

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA7033AD415_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> By the way, I've found a use for OCP qualifications !
>
> If a certain number of employees in a company have OCP, then the company
> hgets to be an Oracle [Business] Partner and qualifies for licencing
> discounts.
>
> I'm not sure of the exact numbers or percentages involved, but I *need*
> to get my 9i OCP before April to keep our company's stsus as a partner.

No pressure then!

You also get to provide 'support' on OTN for which you get paid. You need the certification to see calls that you might wish to work on. This is all a bit 'in theory' for me since the system still hasn't registered me as an OCP some three weeks after I got around to registering myself on the site. I would strongly advise any users who use the system to record their system details as 8i even if they are using 9i as otherwise they will only get the pool of 9i certified people to choose from.

Cheers

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA