Re: OCP - Performance Tuning

From: Telemachus <tollg_at_tendwa.rns.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:42:38 -0000

empirically : I see NL (&HJ) over SM so much that it'd be B . However if we are supposed to use our heads :

: No version given then assume current .. 9.2 (or a version prior to HJ enablement)
: why has HJ been ruled out (PGA_A_T miniscule ? ) ? should this affect our deductive process ?
reading the question if we assume current versions & FIRST_ROWS won't an NL join type have the best chance of getting to any matching row first cause SM's gotta do a sort or two prior.

CBO knows the stats. ....

so B again. ...

The only corollary I can see is the lack of places then where SM would ever be used over HJ/NL