NEWBIE ?: SQL command not properly ended

From: Steve <speedback_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 19:30:44 -0800

I just installed Oracle 9i Personal edition on my Windows XP Pro laptop and am having a difficult time getting going. Just to test out some queries I tried running a extremely simple SQL statement against the database:

SELECT * FROM EMX.HR.DEPARTMENT; When executing the query I get ERROR at line 1: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended. Someone help, I'm getting depressed that I can't execute the simplest of queries!!! Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 21:30:44 CST