OCA/OCP preparation - value of selftestsoftware tests...

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:34:23 -0000

Lukasz,

I used some of those self test example questions when I did O7 and O8 OCP. I found them quite useful in identifying areas where I needed to do more study.

I was advised to treat them with a certain amount of cynicism because, and I quote, they are 'reject' questions. Whether this is triue or not I cannot say, but They seemed to cover the areas that the exam did, even down to having some questions with misleading answers, some with incorrect answers and others which weren't actually in the course(s) I took.

I'd say, try your hand with the test questions and see what general areas you need to swot up on but don't just follow up the questions you got wrong - do the whole area again.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator