Re: Turn on Archivelog mode..

From: gOD <loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 06:56:00 -0800

"Telemachus" <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net> wrote in message news:<Or7Z9.5571$V6.8005_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> 1 : http://tahiti.oracle.com
> 2: You need to sit down for a while and read some stuff. If you cannot
> diagnose and resolve these type of connect problems instantly then
> Archivelog operation and its implications will cause you to have problems in
> the future.
> 3: Your client is running 805. See point (2) above.
>

> <Could I sound like Sybrand ? >

Thanks for the link and the lecture :)

Yes, yes, I know I am incredibly ignorant of Oracle, but I have been thrown in the deep end with no experience, no manuals, and no time. We have a mission critical server that has not been backed-up for a long time and we have no support agreement with Oracle, and no one with any Oracle experience.

So all told, it is a pretty piss poor situation to be in, especially for me!!

Thanks again for the documentation links.

Cheers Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 08:56:00 CST