Re: Can't install Oracle PE 9i?

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 05:59:17 -0800

"NHvWZjbhg" <VxzCahjzek_at_IexjqcXx.Njb> wrote in message news:<VbHY9.116151$Yo4.5595564_at_news1.calgary.shaw.ca>...
> Hey all!
>
> When trying to start an installation of Oracle 9i Personal Edition,
> none of the install starts. When choosing Install/Deinstall from the
> CD autostart menu nothing happens for a few seconds and then the menu
> closes. At this point, in my TEMP folder, I find a file named
> "hs_err_pid1880.log" which is shown below and a folder named
> "OraInstall2003-01-25_06-40-42PM". Of course the date/time changes
> based on when I try to install.

> This is a Windows 2000 server SP3 installed. 512meg of memory. Cyrix
> C3 CPU at 733Mhz. The hard drive has 6.5gigs free and is formatted
> NTFS. I am attempting the install logged in at the PC as
> administrator.

Cyrix CPUs are currently not supported by Oracle to run Oracle's software. You may try the anti-PIV-bug move, but still even if you manage to install software you're on your own, no support will be provided to you by Oracle.

with regards

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.