Turn on Archivelog mode..

From: gOD <loadofcr_ap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 01:22:40 -0800

I am running Oracle 817 EE, on NT.

No manuals, no experience, and I can't find any online documentation
(if anyone know where there is an online admin guide please let me
know, I found http://otn.oracle.com/documentation/oracle8i.html but there is not an admin guide as such that I can see).

I need to turn on archiveog mode, and can't figure out how. The documentation (or lack of) supplied with my backup product
(arcserve2k) says I can type ARCHIVE LOG LIST to give me the status,
and then a list of commands starting with CONNECT INTERNAL to change it..

As you can see below, it hasn't worked.. Can anyone give me a little more info?

SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Mon Jan 27 9:0:56 2003

(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

SQL> ARCHIVE LOG LIST
unknown command beginning "ARCHIVE LO..." - rest of line ignored. SQL> CONNECT INTERNAL
ERROR:
ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. SQL>