Re: Can Oracle run on a Sun V100 server?

From: proteus <proteus_at_uq.net.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:24:41 +1000

"Richard" <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b0vet0$sn7$1$8302bc10_at_news.demon.co.uk...
> Does anybody know whether Oracle will run on a Sun V100 server?
>
> Obviously, the small disk drives and memory would be quite limiting but
> could it be used, for example, by a small team for software development?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

We use a V100 for our Internet Database Lookup box. It's a busy web site, that directs queries to the oracle database (on the v100) that it handles easily. The only the problem you face is expandibility, in that you don't have the option to throw in a SCSI card to get extra disk space, etc.

Therefore is you have a fairly static setup, go for it.......if you expect a lot of growth then a V100 is not for you.

Cheers Joe Received on Sun Jan 26 2003 - 17:24:41 CST