Re: JDBC / Oracle / MS SQL Server performance anomalies

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:36:48 +0100

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:27:07 -0800, Ellen K. <72322.enno.esspeeayem.1016_at_compuserve.com> wrote:

>If SQL Server is twice as fast, why do you want to use Oracle in the
>first place, given that it is more expensive and more difficult to
>administer?

People familiar with sqlserver knowledge usually seem to think that Oracle also doesn't need to be configured. That is definitely NOT true.
This also means a generic assertion:
Sqlserver is twice as fast as Oracle
generally won't hold.
If you don't want to get acquainted with the intracicies of a professional robust database system, please stick to the toys you are familiar with

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jan 26 2003 - 15:36:48 CST